Dinner Church has been postponed until current Covid-19 restrictions are lifted.
We are starting a new Sunday Evening Gathering at St Luke’s. We are calling it Dinner Church because it will be held on Sunday Evenings (starting at 5.30pm) and will involve a simple shared meal. St Luke’s Uniting Church will meet in the Gathering Area.
You may be wondering why we are starting this new thing at St Luke’s?
There are several reasons;
- We are excited about creating a new opportunity for people to gather in a less formal way to learn about God, to support one another in our discipleship journey, to share stories and to pray together.
- We want to create a Service with a focus upon participation and engagement where the wisdom, insights and experiences of everyone are valued and shared.
- We wanted to create a genuine “all-age” environment in which children are welcomed and encouraged to participate.
- We recognise that Sunday Mornings are no longer convenient for many families as a time to come to Church. We hope that a Sunday evening gathering which includes dinner might work better for those families who just can’t make it on Sunday morning. We would finish up no later than 7pm.
- We also recognise that the more Traditional style of worship no longer “works” for some people. Dinner Church will be less formal and more participatory than regular church.
- We wanted to create a gathering with a focus upon welcoming and hospitality. We hope to invite our neighbours from Narla Rd and the adjacent streets to join us from time to time and we hope that Dinner Church might become something to which you would be comfortable inviting friends and neighbours to because it’s engaging, fun and non-threatening.
For the time being we will continue to have two morning Services each Sunday so coming to Dinner Church can be either an alternative or in addition to Sunday Morning Worship.